Meet the Governors
School governors are people who want to make a positive contribution to children's education. Governors are one of the largest volunteer forces in the country and have an important part to play in raising school standards.
The role of the governing board is absolutely key to the effectiveness of a school.
Here are how the Governors have been involved in our school from summer 2018-19
- One governor hears children read on a regular basis, another comes in to support cookery and another comes in to do assembly for us.
- Governors met with staff to look at the strengths and positives for last year – and to look at areas for improvement for this year.
- The Chair produced an updated ‘Chair’s report to the governing body’.
- One governor came into school to ensure that the SATs were being administered correctly.
- The Chair and the Headteacher have regular, monthly review meetings to discuss any current issues.
- Two governors worked alongside the School Improvement Partner to complete the Headteacher’s cycle of appraisal. Governors have been involved in writing the school improvement plan and the vision for the future.
- Summer fair, Christmas fair and various school productions are always well attended by members of the governing body.
- Governors supported school during COVID 19 including quality checking the risk assessment, offering practical support and having Zoom meetings to discuss the on-going crisis.
Please click on the photographs below to find out a little more about our governors.