Year 1 Home Learning for 01/03 - 05/03
Where there is a Powerpoint Presentation or mention of a worksheet, these can be accessed by scrolling down to the relevant subject. Where there are links to other websites, these can be accessed by clicking on the link on the timetable ONCE YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED IT. The timetable will also be sent out via email. You also have your workbooks and access to Numbots /Reading Planet! If accessing the site from a phone, please check the dates on the work as the order can sometimes change. You can click here to watch an assembly each day. You can click here to go to the P.E activity page.
Watch the videos and complete the worksheet.
Watch the video and complete the worksheet.
English - Writing
World Book Day
Watch a live story at 10.30am
- Read a book in an unusual place and send a photograph to your teacher.
- Draw your favourite book character and write a description.
- Use playdough, bricks, art resources to make a model of your favourite character.
Listen to free audio books.
Monday 01/03 - Science
Over the next couple of weeks we will be starting our 'Plants' topic...As an introduction to this topic, watch the video:
Tuesday 02/03 - History
Ask your parents and grandparents about the toys that they played with when they were children.
Tell your teacher about any interesting information that you find. You can use the worksheet, paper or a word document to record your information.
Wednesday 03/03 - PSHE
Wednesday 03/03- Art
Relax whilst doing some mindfulness colouring...Colour the pictures of Spring as carefully as you can. If you don’t have a printer see if you can draw your own pictures of Spring!
Talking about music and songs - BBC Bitesize
What do you like about it?
Additional PSHE Activities!
Watch the video and complete the task:
P.E. Challenges - Have a go at one of these each day, they can be done in any order!
and try the Hand-Eye coordination challenges!
- Access the Reading Planet website. Try to read 2 books each week and complete the quiz. Please contact your class teacher if you need more books to be allocated.
- Access the Numbots website.
- Practise number and letter formation.
- Try a Geocaching walk around Irlam – This comes highly recommended from a Yr1 parent. You can download the app onto your phone.
- Practice throwing and catching a ball.
Please take part in activities which are good for your family’s mental health. This could be exercise or any activity that makes you happy. It is really important that you look after yourselves and seek support if you need it.